Search This Blog

TALK FASHION ARCHIVE

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Luckyfabb Event: Who Wore What and How to Be Photo Ready.

 

      Karolina Kurkova       Coco Rocha       Maya Horikawa
          Nicole Richie       Sophia Amoruso     January Jones
          Ingrid Nilsen        Wendy Nguyen        Chriselle Lim
            Aimee Song             Eva Chen         Cassandra Grey

When choosing what you wear to an event, always have in mind a lot of photos will be taken. The most important thing is the "fit". Does it fit you well and enhance your figure? This is not the time to force yourself into a dress that is a bit too tight. Unless you have an amazing set of Spanx, the camera will pick up every bulge and wrinkle. 
Think color as well. If you are like me and have long black hair and plan on wearing it down then do not wear a black top or dress. You will be devoured in a sea of blackness. Know what colors enhance your skin tones,and pick accordingly. Every person has a different set of colors that work for them so never assume something you see in the magazines will work for you.
Know your assets. Showcase what you like, and detract from what you do not. For example if you love your legs but not your mid section, opt for an A-line high waisted halter dress with a slight slit. 

Lastly, keep your style true to yourself. True beauty comes from how comfortable you are in your own skin.


                                                 SHOES
Shoes have three Benefits:
1.) They add a pop of color or interesting elements to your outfit. 
2.) They detract from your focal point and allow your outfit to shine.
3.) They give you length and elongate your body lines.

Tip: I know it is "trendy" right now to mix and match everything, especially textures. However, you must always edit. Often times, less is more. Don't be afraid to be simple, elegant, and tasteful. Too much of a good idea can end up making you look like a mess. 

                                                  HAIR

The thing I always notice at fashion events is, the sleekness and beauty of putting your hair up. It doesn't really matter whether it is loose, tight, a french twist, etc. The key is to have it off your face and expose your gorgeous cheek bones and neck. 
The other reason I suggest putting it up is because the majority of women will have their hair down, and usually curled. This is all psychological. We feel sexier, and more beautiful with our hair down, but the reality is, you end up blending into the crowd of a billion sexy women. 
Remember, you are at a "Fashion" event and being 'sexually' attractive is rather useless. There is a reason most women on the runway have their hair pulled back with very natural looking make up. Its really about the clothes and the styling art form.


                                            What I Wore

My look was a type of, "Cinderella meets Westwood". The shoes are by Badgley Mischka and the the bag is by Valentino. The rather large pearl on the clasp of the bag is something I purchased in an antique market in Belgium. I added it to the bag, as I do love me some pearls, and having a bit of vintage always inspires me. The dress is a bluish grey, two piece Vivienne Westwood. I bought it many years ago in New York, and it has become a bit of a "lucky" dress. The SLS hotel actually lost this dress, so you can imagine my panic and anger when that happened. After a lot of 'elegant' yelling, they found it. FYI even if you stay at a 5 star hotel, never trust hotel employees with valuables. 
In my purse, I carried all my business essentials. 

You can read about what I carry to fashion events and my networking tips here:
Read about my stay at the SLS Beverly Hills Hotel here:



On the second day of the event I was invited to a networking brunch at the SLS Beverly Hills Hotel.  This is me and Mallory Hunter, she is brand ambassador of Acquacai Water.
I chose to wear a blush pink/ nude skirt and top by Italian designer Laura Biagiotti. It is hard to see but it is a mixture of denim and chiffon. The blazer is by H&M and surprisingly a perfect match. For jewelry I am wearing a charm bracelet from Harrods London, and earrings by Lalique. 

x

Maya










5 comments:

  1. Great post! I love January Jones style!
    http://iloveitlikethat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sabashree!
    thanks for your comment! you should have seen january jone's earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maya!!! Nice words! I have reed this post with translator.....I hope to know all!!! I like very much your choices for this party. Thanks for following my blog on Bloglovin. I follow you immediately too!!
    Kisses,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/eniwherefashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi eni!
      Thank your for reading my blog with a translator. It is exciting to think you can read my blog in Italian... xx ;)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete