Search This Blog

TALK FASHION ARCHIVE

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My Fall Shoe Collection


Fall is my favorite season of the year. Leaves change to the most beautiful yellows, reds, and greens, and soon piles of leaves will fall like golden feathers.
 Unfortunately, Where I currently live, we do not really have seasonal changes, and witnessing the beauty that accompanies Fall, is rather difficult.

My Fall shoe collection is definitely my most favorite pairs of shoes and almost all of them are purchased in vintage shops from around the world. Each has a story and countless memories. Pulling  them out each Fall is like opening a time capsule filled with beautiful imagery and flashbacks. 

                                                   BOOTS

All of these boots are from vintage shops in Europe, except the brown rain boots with fur, which are by Marc Jacobs. The reason I am obsessed with vintage boots, is simply for the craftsmanship. It is impeccable. "Handmade" may not be as perfect as machine made, but that's the beauty of it. Our bodies are not made in perfect symmetry, nor in percise measurements. Variations are what make us human. This is why, handmade is more comfortable, and last longer. My leather booties literally grow with me, and age beautifully. Now a days, hand made is rare, and very pricey, but rummage your local vintage shops, and you might get lucky and find a gem. 

When I was a little girl, my mother would often read to me, "The Elve's and the Shoe maker". It was one of my most favorite fairytales, and it was based on magical elves that made the most extraordinary shoes. They would make them over night for the shoe maker and then leave them for the shoemaker to sell.  I can always remember hoping these little elves would one day stop by my house,and leave me a beautiful pair of shoes. Needless to say, it never happened but to this very day, I think of that story, and search for shoes that I "imagine" they would have made.  Shoes should be extraordinary, so beautiful, only magic elves could have made them. (At least that's what I tell myself...)


                                                CUT OUTS

Currently where I live, it has cooled down a lot,  but by no means is it very cold. I find myself constantly wearing cut out boots. It is the best way to recognize the seasonal change without necessarily heating up. 

                            ARTSY BOOTS and HEELS




                                              LACE UPS



                                             DETAILS


If there is anything that draws me quicker to a shoe, it is all in the details. Sometimes I even ask myself, "Is this amazing, or is this really awful?" For me, shoes are like works of art. It's not something I ever get rid of, unless, they are completely unrepairable.

Click here if you would also like to see my SUMMER SHOE COLLECTION







No comments:

Post a Comment