Search This Blog

TALK FASHION ARCHIVE

Friday, November 14, 2014

FH 7: How I Style Vintage

FASHION-HEART: Day 7
To read about Fashion-Heart click here: FASHION-HEART


This entire week has been filled with posts based on sustainable fashion, and finding style in fashion that thinks: past, present, future. 
Today's outfit features a top from my mom's closet. It is from India, and was worn when my mom was my age. Read abut the article here: Shopping in My Mom's Closet

 The sleeves were shortened into a  puff sleeve by me. Traditionally, it is a straight long sleeve. 
The royal  blue-purple, velvet top, is one of my favorites during the Fall season. The colors of the flowers are vibrant and bright, but offest by the deep darkness of crushed velvet, exists a level of somberness and darkness perfect for this season. I pinched the waist in by adding one of my favorite vintage belts purchased in Belgium. I then accented the entire look with a pink hat from NAF NAF and a vintage purse from SANDWICH. 


These bracelets are worn almost everyday, and I have featured them in my outfits before. The charm bracelet is from Harrods, London, and the Marie Antoinette cuff is handmade in London as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment