Search This Blog

TALK FASHION ARCHIVE

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Blogmas Day 6: Holiday Concert Style


During the Holidays the world is filled with festive cheer, and with that comes a lot of concerts dedicated to fully celebrating that spirit. For my concert style, there are some limitations. In a symphonic orchestra, you must wear all black. Normally throughout the year, this rule can never be broken, but during the holidays I sneak some festive sparkle through my accessories.


The dress is by Tadashi and it is made of silk, and the sleeves and collar are embroidered in beaded stitch work, through delicate lace. The skirt is A-line and originally worn with a tiny black silk bow.


The belt was purchased in London at a popular shop called Accessorize. Although it may look highly luxurious, the price was extremely affordable. It has been a holiday favorite for a couple years now. 


Both hair accessories were purchased in Europe from speciality shops. They are my go to hair accessory and I rarely wear any other hair item during the holidays. It's kind of like the modern girl's tiara.


These black silk pumps adorned with crystals is by Ferragamo. They have been part of my collection for years,and always a favorite for any glamorous event.

If the only dress you have is a simple black dress, there is no need in purchasing a pricey new one. Simply invest in beautiful accessories, and instantly transform your rather simple look. My holiday must haves are a burgundy/ red belt, crystal hair accessories, and a sparkly shoe. Have thses three must haves and you will have Fa-la-la Style all through the Holidays.
(My apologies for Blogmas being severely delayed, trying to catch up asap.)

xo,
Maya


Where's Maya? Can you find me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment