Search This Blog

TALK FASHION ARCHIVE

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Fashion Diet: Vegetable Soup!


Maya's Vegetable Soup 
This soup was created by me, many years ago while I was a student in Europe. I created it with the intent to lose weight and to add more vegetables in my diet. To my surprise, the soup was so delicious,  and effective, that it is one of my most frequent meals. 
If eaten consequetively for 1 week without carbohydrates or sweets, I am guaranteed to drop 5 lbs. It also clears skin, improves blood circulation and digestion! 

(Photo above is my lunch today! As seen on my Instagram https://instagram.com/mayahorikawa/)

Ingredients:

-leftover chicken 
-3-5 garlic cloves
-3 onions
-7 carrots
-1 whole celery stalk
-3 potatoes
-fresh parsley
-1 zucchini
-2 tomatoes

- basil (fresh if possible)
-oregano (fresh if possible)
-salt
-pepper

Step1:
Peel and mince garlic cloves, and then chop onions. 

Step 2:
Add a spoonful of oil into pot with minced garlic and onions. Stir until onion and garlic are golden brown on medium heat, and then turn off heat.

Step 3:
Chop all vegetables (carrots, zucchini,  potato, celery, tomatoes) and add to the cooking pot containing the onions and garlic.

Step 4: 
Add chicken for soup flavor. For this recipe I like to add leftover chicken. If you do not have any you can add whatever chicken you like (breast, drumstick, thigh) If you are vegetarian, replace chicken with tomato paste for taste.
 
Step 5:
Add chicken and enough water to barely cover the vegetables in the pot. Season with Basil, Oregano, salt, and pepper. (I prefer fresh basil and oregano, chopped. Dried seasoning will also work.

Step 6: 
Heat to a boil, and then simmer on low heat for an hour. (Tip: When you start to smell beautiful aromas, it is near ready. ) Taste and season again. 

Step 7: 
Finely chop fresh parsley and serve on top of soup.

*** Always feel free to change or add different vegetables. I sometimes add mushrooms, broccoli, or other veggies that are in season.***

Enjoy!

xo,
Maya


No comments:

Post a Comment