Search This Blog

TALK FASHION ARCHIVE

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Locks of Love: (Update)

 



Back in August, I wrote about my experience with Locks of Love and donating my hair. 
Today, it came full circle, when I received a beautiful postcard notifying me that my hair 
would now be made into a child's hairpiece. It is honestly, surreal to think something like 
my hair, could make a difference in someone's life. 

Part of me selfishly wishes I could see the final outcome, but the mystery of not knowing 
where and who my hair will end up with adds a touch of "magic" to the entire experience. 
My entire experience with Locks of Love, from beginning to end, has been fulfilling, meaningful,
and beautiful. I would personally recommend the experience to anyone.
You truly receive more in the gesture of giving than receiving. 

Although, it may seem like such a tiny gesture to cut your hair and to donate it, it is in the smallest
gestures of love, that bigger changes are made.

xo,
Maya







No comments:

Post a Comment