Search This Blog

TALK FASHION ARCHIVE

Monday, December 7, 2015

Blogmas Day 5: My Favorite Holiday Concert Style!



"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year", is a popular holiday song sung by Andy Wlliams, and it has me questioning every year, why the holidays make me smile?

One very good reason, is performing in a series of Christmas concerts! Every year, I take part in the joyous celebration of performing Holiday classics, accompanied by singers. As a violinist, I have played in many different types of shows, but there is something very special about the holiday ones. The stage is lit up, decorated and adorned with fresh poinsettia. The feeling is fresh, cheerful, and heartfelt. There is nothing overly complicated or  manipulated. No need to think, just feel.


When you play in an orchestra, you are almost always required to wear head to toe, black. However, during the holidays I push the rules a bit, and add a tiny bit of color and crystals. The above outfit is my favorite holiday orchestra attire. It is the second year I have worn it, and I still love it.

The dress is by TADASHI and the neck and sleeves are embroidered with lace and hand sewn glass beads.The shoes are by Ferragamo and embellished with crystals. The red belt is from Accessorize, and the hair clips are made of crystals. 

Enjoy! 

xo, 
Maya














2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit on you, you look so elegant in it xx

    http://www.chantallovesblogging.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete